Want to view last year's pictures from the FurFest Fursuit Menagerie? Click here!
Stay tuned in early 2017 for more details on how you can submit your own sessions for consideration, and for information on the 2017 Fursuit Dance Competition and DJ submissions
Midwest Furfest Panel Policies and Rules
- All panel applications must undergo formal submission, review, and approval before the panel is included in the Midwest Furfest convention programming.
- Panelists MUST specify any requested equipment that we supply at the time of the panel application submission. Panelists are required to provide all additional needed equipment. You will be notified what we are able to provide if your panel is approved. We will do our best to support your panel equipment requests.
- Midwest Furfest does not provide the following.
- Any sort of computer/laptop/tablets
- Electronics outside of the projector/TV, sound system and microphones provided for each room
- Any sort of cable needed to plug YOUR equipment into the technology we provide (projector, sound equipment, etc)
- An internet connection. Internet connections cannot be purchased for any specific room. You will need to purchase a wireless connection through the hotel that your panel is being held in.
- Pens, Markers, Pencils or Sharpeners, Paper, Sign Stands, or any other general office supplies. Panelists will need to provide these if they are required for their panel
- To conduct an Educational panel relating to psychology, finance or other professional topics, a proficiency in the topic must be demonstrated. Any Panelists that wish to run such a panel may be asked to interview to show proficiency.
- All decisions regarding acceptance or denial of panel requests are made at the sole discretion of the Panel Programming management team. A panel may be denied with the exception that it can be re-considered if all management requested changes are made.
- Panel applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis. Those who apply first have a greater chance of getting a panel slot and their requested date/time. After the October 1st deadline applications will be put on a wait list and will be considered only if we have space available.
- A single panelist may not participate in more than 10 panels total. This is to avoid difficulty in scheduling everyone’s panels.
- A panel cannot charge their attendees money. Panelists may not sell anything during their panel including but not limited to merchandise or supplies. Any panel found participating in these or similar activities will be canceled and will not be allowed to return.
- A panel may not pass out ANY food or drink, store bought or home made. This includes, but is not limited to candy, chips/pretzels, pocky, ramen, water, soda pop, tea and coffee
- Any panel that is identified as adult material or may be viewed as inappropriate for minors by either the panelists during the panel application or by Panel Programming management during review will be marked as 18+. All panelists for 18+ panels must be 18 years of age or older on the day of the panel, no exceptions.
- Attendees for 18+ panels must present a government issued ID showing that they are 18 years of age at the time of the panel. No attendee will be admitted to an 18+ panel without the government issued ID.