Midwest FurFest is pleased to return to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, just 5 minutes from O'Hare Airport and a short 16 miles to Downtown Chicago, easily accessible via the nearby Blue Line El train. Additional lodging is available at nearby hotels as well.
Additional (Very Nearby) Hotel Options
Fortunately, Midwest FurFest’s new time of year has given the convention a lot of excellent lodging options - not only because Rosemont is a massive destination, but because December ends up being a relatively quiet period for vendors. Midwest FurFest has made contractual rate agreements with its main hotel, as well as secondary hotels to make sure that our attendees have as many ‘secured’ options for lodging as possible.
Information regarding Midwest FurFest's contracted additional lodging options will be available soon. In addition to contracted lodging, other hotels, based on their own seasonal vacancy, have favorable rates and expected low regular patronage; which did not require Midwest FurFest pursuing additional special rates with these other properties.
These additional venues are usually aware of the convention and do have availability:
- Marriott Suites Hotel
- Westin Hotel
General Hotel Frequently Asked Questions:
- For what days is the room block available?
- Why should I reserve in the convention hotel block? What does this get me?
- What is the hotel tax rate in Rosemont?
- What is the minimum age to reserve a room at the hotels?
- What charges does the hotels place on my credit card when reserving?
- What if my credit card expires between now and my check-in dates?
- I am a smoker and would like a smoking room, what should I do?
- What can I do to receive a rollaway bed in our room? Is there a fee for one?
- I see that the hotels take a deposit at check-in, why is this?
- When I arrive at a hotel, can I take a luggage cart to unload my car?
- Can we put up signs on our doors?
- What if we generate a lot of trash in our hotel room?
- How many people may sleep in our room?
- Is there Internet access in the hotel? What are the charges?
- Can I sleep in my car/RV/Semi while at the convention?
- I heard there was a problem in past years with people reserving a double room but getting a king room instead. Will that happen again this year?
- What is considered proper tipping for hotel staff?
- What are the policies for concealed-carry weapons?
- What are the policies for e-cigarettes?
- Can I ship things to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare?
The Hyatt Midwest FurFest room block is still under negotiation for 2017 and we will announce availability as detail become available. Block dates may vary slightly at other hotels.
One of the reasons why conventions receive function space for low or no cost is a contractual commitment to the hotel that a certain number of sleeping rooms will be sold during the convention. Since function space is not a significant budgetary concern, we are able to provide additional value to our attendees, such as Con Suite, Fursuit Lounge, and A/V equipment. In addition, we use the rooms sold each year to help us negotiate for room rates and amenities favorable to the attendees such as parking and internet access.
At the time of publication, the Rosemont lodging tax is 13%, subject to change by the City of Rosemont.
The minimum age to reserve a room at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare is 18 years old. You must be 21 years old to reserve a room at the Aloft O'Hare.
The hotels do not place charges on your credit card when reserving and no charges will be made to your credit card before you check in. However, if you fail to cancel your room by 3 PM the day before your stay, you will be charged for one night's stay plus tax.
If your credit card expires before your check-in date, simply call the hotel when your new card arrives and update the reservation to match your new card.
The Hyatt Regency O'Hare has a very limited number of smoking rooms, which are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is an additional cost per night for these rooms. If there are any smoking rooms left they will be shown in the list of room types available using the Online Reservations link above. All other hotels are 100% non-smoking.
Please see the specific hotel pages for additional information.
All guests checking in will need to provide a credit card, debit card or cash to hold for room charges and incidentals.
- If you are using a credit card, the card will be charged the amount on the room folio upon check out.
- If you using a debit card, there will be a 'hold or pending authorization' placed on the card immediately upon check-in for the total room and tax for the duration of the stay, plus $50 (subject to change) per day for incidentals. Upon check out, the exact cost of incidentals used are taken out, and the balance of the 'held' funds are reimbursed. Please note it may take up to a week to reimburse the 'held' funds.
- If you will be paying cash, you will need to provide the room and tax payment for the duration of the stay upon check in, plus $50 additional per day (subject to change) for incidentals. Upon check out, the exact cost of incidentals used will be taken out, and the balance of the deposited cash in then reimbursed.
Midwest FurFest does not recommend the use of debit cards when checking into hotels, ever.
The bell staff at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare is unionized, and they will not permit luggage carts be taken from their possession. If you need to unload your car at the Hyatt, request the assistance of a bellman when you arrive at the hotel (they have a stand by the front door) and he will be happy to help you take your luggage to your room. The Aloft does not employ a bell staff; our attendees staying there may ask the front desk to borrow a cart.
Yes, you can, but only using doorknob hangers, which can be picked up for free in Operations. Signs are not allowed to be taped to any part of the door, doorjamb, or walls at all. Any material that is found to be inappropriate and/or offensive will be confiscated and brought down to Operations to pick up later. Please note that any damage done to doors by adhesives or other methods used to post signs will be billed to the room occupants. Also, some innovative furries have engineered signs hung from string over their hotel room door, too!
If you contact the front desk, they will provide extra trash bags for your room.
Due to life safety issues, the Rosemont Fire Marshall stipulates no more than 4 people at a time may sleep in a standard sleeping room. No more than four room keys per room will be given out by the front desk. Please be aware that Rosemont is extremely strict about this requirement. Note that postings to convention forums and communities may monitored by hotel staff.
Yes! Wireless Internet access available in sleeping rooms free of charge for Midwest FurFest guests at all our hotels. Wireless access is generally not available in the hotel function spaces, though we are continually working on that.
Sleeping in any type of vehicle is not permitted at any hotel. Also, due to space limitations oversize vehicle parking is not available at any of our hotel parking lots. In addition, most of hotel parking is in the form of parking garages, which precludes tall, large and oversize vehicles. If your vehicle takes up more than a single standard parking space, you will not be able to park in the hotel parking lots.
I heard there was a problem in past years with people reserving a double room but getting a king room instead. Will that happen again this year?
This happens very rarely, but it is always a possibility. For guests at the Hyatt: Only Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum or Diamond Members are guaranteed their reservation room type. Remember, though, that every hotel in the United States will always tell you that although they will guarantee a reservation they cannot guarantee the availability of a particular room type. Always have a Plan B, just in case! Additionally, The Hyatt has been instructed to disallow any room type changes from king to double or vice versa once the reservation is made. If a change is desired, contact us here.
Midwest FurFest encourages our guests to follow the tipping guidelines of the venerable Emily Post:
- Housekeeping: $2 - $5, daily
- Bellmen: $2 first bag, $1 each additional bag
- Valet: $2 - $5
- Waiters/Waitresses: 15% - 20% of pre-tax bill if sit-down, 10% if buffet
- Bartender: $1 per drink or 15% - 20% of tab
All Midwest FurFest hotels state no weapons are permitted on the hotel property. There are no exceptions to this policy, even if you have a concealed-carry license.
Our hotels treat e-cigarettes just like regular cigarettes. As such, they are not permitted to be used in any public space or function space, and may only be used in designated smoking areas.
Check out our shipping page (Coming Soon)!
I have a question that is not answered here.